In the middle of this plate you see a smoothie of frozen mango and banana, which is such a good idea – super tasty and refreshing!
This vegan granola smoothie with fresh fruit not only looks good, it tastes good too! As you might know, I am a huge fan of smoothies. And I think a smoothie of frozen fruit is such a creative idea. You can make a lot at once and freeze it per portion, which comes in handy when you are very busy in the morning. Curious how to make this super tasty and refreshing frozen smoothie? It is easier than you think!
Ingredients in this smoothie
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 frozen mango
- Goji berries
- Cut all the fruit into pieces. If you do not use frozen fruit straight out of the supermarket, make sure you freeze them. The mango should be pitted and patted dry before freezing. To support the freezing process, make sure the pieces aren’t touching too much in the fridge.
- Place the frozen banana and mango in a mixer and blend them. If you have the idea that they need some liquid to blend well, you can add some water.
- Place the frozen smoothie in the middle of a plate and add the toppings. ENJOY!
Tip one! Of course, you do not have to stick to mango and banana. You can always choose to add other kinds of fruits such as avocado (yes, that’s a fruit ;-). Here is some inspiration:
- Blueberries, cranberries, strawberries
- Pineapple, papaya, and banana
- Mango, orange, and avocado
- Dragon fruit, peach, and pear
- Pomegranate, apple, and cherry
All fruit needs to be rinsed clean an patted dry before freezing. Some fruits should be pitted, cored and peeled first. Transfer the frozen fruit into sealed freezer bags for frozen storage.
Tip two! Besides frozen fruit, you can also add fruit juice, soy milk or almond milk.
I would love it if you let me know if you tried this recipe and what you think of it! You can share your pictures on Instagram by using #spotavegan or tag @spotavegan.
P.P.S. I ate this smoothie at My Warung Echo Beach in Bali. Will be back for a second round really soon 💚