As long as we can eat soup on a regular basis we do not complain. The soup with its toppings is SO creamy and delicious.
I am sure you will like it!
Ingredients for 4-5 bowls:
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 0,5 kilo sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 0,5 kilo butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 700 ml vegetable broth
- 125 ml jus d’orange
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 red chili, remove the seeds
- 250 ml cocos milk
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 225 gram cooked lentils (canned)
- Avocado, chopped
- Roasted unsalted cashew nuts, chopped
- Fresh coriander
1. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large stock pot. Fry the onion and red chili for three to four minutes.
2. Add ginger, turmeric and curry powder and fry for another minute.
3. Add the sweet patato, butternut sqaush and vegetable broth and wait for it to boil. Lower the heat and let it boil for about 20 minutes until the butternut squash and sweet potatoes are tender.
4. Add orange juice and coconut milk and take the stock pot from the heat source. Puree everything with a mixer and put it back on very low heat.
5. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped shallots for about two minutes. Add garlic and fry for another minute. Finally, you add the lentils. Fry everything for five more minutes.
6. Now you can serve the soup and top it with lentils, avocado, cashew nuts and coriander. Enjoy!
I would love it if you let me know if you tried this recipe and what you think of it! You can share your pictures on Instagram by using #spotavegan or tag @spotavegan.
P.P.S. This wonderful recipe is from De Groene Meisjes and slightly adjusted by Spot a Vegan.