As long as we can eat soup on a regular basis we do not complain. The soup is SO creamy and delicious.
This healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup is vegan, protein-packed, and incredibly nourishing. You’re going to love this creamy, flavourful soup full of anti-inflammatory ingredients. This soup has been on the menu at MANY dinner parties and all my guest were loving it. And did I already say butternut squash is super healthy? It is low in fat and delivers an ample dose of dietary fiber, making it an exceptionally heart-friendly choice. It provides significant amounts of potassium, important for bone health, and vitamin B6, essential for the proper functioning of both the nervous and immune systems. So, what are you waiting for? I am sure you will like it!
Cooking time: 30 minutes – Yield: 4-5 bowls
- Olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger, grated
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 0,5 kilo sweet potato, peeled and chopped
- 0,5 kilo butternut squash, peeled and chopped
- 700 ml vegetable broth
- 125 ml jus d’orange
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 red chili, remove the seeds
- 250 ml cocos milk
- 1 clove of garlic, pressed
- 225 gram cooked lentils (canned)
- Avocado, chopped
- Roasted unsalted cashew nuts, chopped
- Fresh coriander
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large stock pot. Fry the onion and red chili for three to four minutes.
- Add ginger, turmeric and curry powder and fry for another minute.
- Add the sweet patato, butternut sqaush and vegetable broth and wait for it to boil. Lower the heat and let it boil for about 20 minutes until the butternut squash and sweet potatoes are tender.
- Add orange juice and coconut milk and take the stock pot from the heat source. Puree everything with a mixer and put it back on very low heat.
- Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a frying pan and fry the chopped shallots for about two minutes. Add garlic and fry for another minute. Finally, you add the lentils. Fry everything for five more minutes.
- Now you can serve the soup and top it with lentils, avocado, cashew nuts and coriander. Enjoy!
I would love it if you let me know if you tried this recipe and what you think of it! You can share your pictures on Instagram by using #spotavegan or tag @spotavegan.
P.P.S. This wonderful recipe is from De Groene Meisjes and slightly adjusted by Spot a Vegan.