When it’s cold outside, warming yourself with a big bowl of vegan soup can be so comforting.
Here in Amsterdam we woke up to the first centimeter or two snow of the year. When it is snowing outside, vegan soups got your back. This vegan Cauliflower Soup is so creamy and packed with so much flavour coming from super healthy ingredients. I love it, and you?
Cooking time: 25 minutes – yield: 4 bowls
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Around 1 kilogram cauliflower, cut into small pieces
- 3 small potatoes, cut into small pieces
- 8-10 dried curry leaves
- 500 ml almond milk
- 500 ml vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Curry powder
- Paprika powder
- Pumpkin seeds
- Spring onion, chopped
- Heat some vegetable oil in a large pan and over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add the onion. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and turning translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Then add the cauliflower and potatoes and cook for about 3 more minutes.
- Now you can add the almond milk, vegetable broth and curry leaves. Increase the heat to medium-high and bring the mixture to a simmer, then reduce the heat as necessary to maintain a gentle simmer. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, to give the flavors time to meld.
- Once the soup is done cooking, remove the pot from the heat. Then, carefully transfer the hot soup (including curry leaves) to a blender. If you think the soup is too thick, simply add some extra almond milk or water.
- This soup tastes amazing once it’s properly salted! Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Top individual bowls of soup with a chopped spring onion, pumpkin seeds, paprika powder and curry powder. If you like you can serve the soup with some bread slices.
I would love it if you let me know if you tried this recipe and what you think of it! You can share your pictures on Instagram by using #spotavegan or tag @spotavegan.